Thursday 19 May 2011

The kitchen corner

I cooked my husband and I a mushroom risotto for dinner tonight and it was really nice. I thought you might like to try cooking it for yourselves, it's such a simple dish.

WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO
(serves 2)

Ingredients:
350g Arborio rice
1/2 Onion, finely diced
1 Clove of garlic, crushed
Wild mushrooms, as many as you like
Approximately 2pts of mushroom stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for cooking

Method:
Gently sweat the onions and crushed garlic in a pan without colouring. Stir in the rice and cover with the stock mix. Stir regularly and keep topping up with the liquid until the rice is cooked. Whilst the rice is cooking, heat a little oil in a frying pan and gently cook the mushrooms. When the rice is cooked, add to the mushrooms and mix together. Season to taste.
Serve with shavings of parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment